Your Pinterest boards should be a mix of your personal interests and real estate related topics. I have listed a few of my boards below that reflect my interests as a mother and a diabetic. In my life I attempt to eat pretty healthy, so my boards reflect my lifestyle. I have boards that make it clear I am a REALTOR as well.
The 4 Categories of Real Estate Professional’s Pinterest Boards:
- Interests ( cooking, recipes, exercise, fashion, kid stuff, etc)
- Real Estate (this screams “I sell real estate” or “I can get you a home mortgage”)
- Home related (organization, kitchens, home decor, home staging, etc)
- Community (this is Scottsdale parks, Scottsdale stuff to do, Phoenix restaurants)
Remember, the largest category on Pinterest is “Home”
My boards that reflect my interests:
- Kid’s healthy eating
- Healthy eating- smoothies
- Kid’s rooms
- The latest holiday, right now it’s St. Patrick’s day
My boards that reflect real estate:
- Arizona Real Estate
- Best Phoenix Neighborhoods
- For my clients (Phoenix area Real Estate)
Home Related – these are real estate related, but I have an interest too:
- Home Decor – Bedroom Furniture
- Home Decor – Living Room
- How to Paint – Home Makeover
- Home Storage & Organization
Community Based – these drive local potential clients
- Scottsdale Fun! Best things to do with kids
- Chandler Fun! Best things to do with kids ( I have several of these cities, I’m only mentioning two)
- Arizona Stuff to Do!
Create 6 boards, no more than 2 Real Estate boards.
The goal is a potential Pinterest follower / potential client can get a good idea of who you are and what you do in one glance.
About the Author
Charlie Allred is the author of “Pinnable Real Estate: Pinterest for Real Estate Agents”, a Phoenix based real estate broker, designated broker for Secure Real Estate and an online marketing expert. She is a Pinterest expert coaching agents on how to gain more leads, followers & clients by using Pinterest. She is the mother of twin daughters. She offers a FREE ONLINE CLASS, sign up for the next one!